Benefits of Membership
- Continuing education credits through at least two annual conferences at greatly reduced prices
- Use of ASCSW email news bulletins about pertinent state and national legislation
- Use of ASCSW email & website to promote exchange of professional activities. This includes advertisement of hospital, agency programs as well as practice workshops.
- Networking and opportunities to meet fellow colleagues.
- Mentoring opportunities for new clinicians
- Participation in a speakers bureau that will give opportunities for professional growth and exposure as well as community service.
- Free email address through ASCSW website
- Excellent referral resource from other clinical social workers nationally
- Referrals from other ASCSW members
- Positive public relations for building and maintaining individual or group private practice
Full: Must be an MSW with LCSW license in Alabama or actively pursuing Alabama LCSW (providing proof of license from another state). Must have at least two consecutive years of clinical experience.
Associate: Must be an MSW with LGSW license with less than two years of clinical experience; presently employed in clinical position.
Member in Training: Any full-time student in a graduate (MSW) program pursuing a course of study in preparation for clinical practice.
Emeritus: Retired from active clinical social work practice.